So it’s a loooooooooong time since I’ve written a new blog. Due to my computer not working, the holidays, and some family health issues blogging has not exactly been on my radar. But just today I installed my new computer woop woop, and things seem to be calming down quite a bit. So I shall return to the blogging scene. I have missed you all and I hope to bring you even better posts this year. So keep an eye out for new posts. I may even do a new post tomorrow. I love you guys! It’s good to be back.
Yes yes yes I know, last Monday I did not post. Shame on me, all of that bragging about how consistent I was being then…BOOM! No post. I do however have a good excuse, the internet was down. See a very reasonable excuse indeed ;). Anyway today is a recommendation for an incredibly talented singer! Drum roll please…
I’ve made it well known that I am quite the fan of all the Celtic Thunder men, every guy is extremely talented and brings so much to the table. But today I thought I would focus on the classical singer of the group Emmet. I was so fortunate as to see Emmet perform alongside Keith Harkin at one of Keith’s solo gigs. I must say I was completely blown away, Emmet is a surprisingly strong singer for someone as young as he (I believe he is 22). Of course one does not need to be middle aged to be a great singer, but you can almost always hear a notable improvement from someone who is older. Well Emmet is quite the exception to this, he voice is so strong and pure that you would believe you are listening to a well seasoned man, of shall I say… advanced age 😉
I did a wee bit of research on Emmet and it is no wonder why he is so talented. From the young age of 5 he was learning to play the piano, and by 7 was taking voice lessons. When I was that age I was just trying to avoid soccer practice 😉 I wasn’t very disciplined haha. From there Emmet went on to win a music scholarship for highschool. Then he continued his studies of piano, organ, violin, and vocal training for the next few years. Another impressive accomplishment was the fact he earned a degree in Musical Performance from the rather prestigious Royal Irish Academy of Music, talk about dedication to ones craft.
Paul Byrom left Celtic Thunder in 2010 to pursue a solo career, so auditions were held in June of that year, and it isn’t any surprise to me that Emmet was chosen to fill the void, and to become the classical singer of the group. Emmet is winning over more and more fans with every performance. Singing the likes of ‘Kindred Spirits’ written by Phil Coulter specifically for Emmet, the beautifully haunting ‘Isle of Hope’, and the giggle inducing ‘My Irish Molly’. As well as singing Celtic Thunder favorites like ‘Galway Girl’, ‘Seven Drunken Nights’ and many others with the rest of the Celtic Thunder guys. So that is why Emmet is the topic of today’s Musical Monday Post.
You can check out some of Emmet’s music on his youtube channel and I highly encourage you to subscribe to it.
You can also like his page on Facebook and keep updated there
Or you could even follow him via twitter
Whatever you do, I highly encourage you to check him out. I hope you all enjoyed this post, and be sure to let me know what you all think, I adore hearing from you guys. As always have a very happy and Musical Monday! Cheers!
Wow I am 20! That really happened fast, honestly after age 15 my life kinda flew past me. Which got me thinking what a crazy conversation it would be if 20-year-old me were to speak to 15-year-old me. Young me would not believe all of the changes, like…
1. You have figured out what you want to do the rest of your life! And you don’t go to college to do it, so don’t let everyone pester you about how “You’ll never have a good career without college”.
2. You write…and actually enjoy it! Ya you have a blog and everything!
This may be one of the most shocking facts!
3. You jog, and get depressed if you don’t!
Ok so I may not look this fabulous whilst running, but I’m getting closer! But I was wrong before, THIS is the most shocking fact! haha.
4. Ya you know Mr. Perfect you are convinced you’re in love with right now? Turns out mom is right, he is a complete troll. But you learn about life, love, and yourself. So it all works out for you…Can’t say the same for him however.
5. Boyfriend? Fiance? Hahahaha no! You are married to work, and you’re cool with that. Turns out the overbearing brothers are now ok with you dating…mostly because you’re not.
6. You’re really happy! You still don’t have life figured out, but you are working it out. Goals are being accomplished, lifelong friends are being acquired, and lessons are being learned. Sure it’s tough at times but you have more confidence than you ever thought possible, and you have the best people around you!
So you have a lot to look forward to! Enjoy life and know there is much more to come.
I hope you guys all enjoyed this post. What are somethings that would shock younger you? I would love some feedback. Happy Monday!