Well I suppose now that it is 2012 and everyone is chattering about 2011. Am I the only one who finds it funny that when the year is over people can’t seem to let it go? They need to talk about what happened, what they learned, what they saw, and where they traveled. I too like to reflect on things, to look back just to see how far I have come. However I can’t help but think of all the things I want to do, not what I have done. So in a way here are my resolutions, not so much for this year but for life! Here are the places I can’t go to yet, but have to see before I go for good.
1. Greece! It has been a dream of mine to go to Greece ever since I was a little girl. My late father always wanted to go, he said he wanted to see the ruins before they were gone! He also wanted to take my mother with, but he never got the chance, so when I go my mother will be going with me, taking us full circle and it will be without a doubt one of the most meaningful trips of my life.
can you believe how blue that water is?
2. Ireland! Yet another place I have wanted to visit for a long time. I just love all the beautiful green rolling hills in the countryside and the quaint little pubs in the city! Not to mention that it is the Irish that have the cutest accents in the world! 😉
3. Italy! Who wouldn’t want to go to Italy? The food, the landscape, the cars, and let us not forget THE SHOES! Those Italians sure know how to make a great shoe!
4. France! I took two years of French and forgot almost all of it! But C’est la vie. 😉 France just seems to be a culmination of what makes me happy, beautiful architecture, fabulous foods, beautiful fashion, and countless photo-ops. The French are supposedly rude but I don’t care if that is true or not, I will find that out for myself without any pre conceived notions.
5. Austria! More specifically Vienna during ball season! I mean Vienna is one of the few places that still parties like its 1699 😉 and how many opportunities does a girl get to wear a ball gown?
There are a great deal of other places I long to travel to, but I thought I might just share some of my top locations. What about you guys? Where are some of your dream destinations and why? I hope you enjoyed this post! Happy Tuesday!