So similarly to almost every other girly girl in the world I love watching shows about weddings and the like, but especially Say Yes To The Dress! A show about dresses? What could be better? I know most guys won’t understand…but let’s be honest we don’t really want them to. They have call of duty we have say yes to the dress. Funny enough though both sexes use the same excuse for their entertainment…”yes it’s fun but it’s educational!”. So here are some things that I have learned.
1. My mom is the best! If you have ever seen the show then you know the crazy moms, the ones who feel the need to live vicariously through their daughters, the control freaks, or the just straight up mean! So needless to say I am thankful my mom loves me and supports me with whatever my fashion decision is!
“I do not approve!!!!”
2. Almost every girly bride wants a Pnina Tornai gown! The dresses are beautiful no doubt…however if I am going to drop that kind of cash I would prefer a car! I can’t even imagine spending $30,000 on one thing!
3. Do not ever bring a giant group of people with you! I know there are several people whom you consider very close personal friends, but for goodness sake you don’t need all of them to choose a dress! You don’t have them choose your outfit everyday do you? Multiple people equates to multiple opinions! Save yourself a headache and only bring a select few of supportive friends/family.
“we have opinions and they will be heard!!!!!”
4. You may get to be princess for a day…but that does not mean you suddenly have a royal’s budget for your gown! Know your budget and stick to it! Don’t try on things you will never be able to afford, it will only break your heart!
5. NEVER BRING THE GROOM!!! Sure some people will use the excuse “well this day is about us” uh huh it certainly is but bringing him will only bring complications! You do not need him to tell you how to dress! You were dressing yourself long before he was in the picture. Most grooms will nit pick just because they feel like they have to add something to the opinion pot, when the reality is if he had not been there and you picked the dress he had ripped apart for your wedding day, he would think you were beautiful, because every good groom does! I mean have you ever heard of a groom saying “the wedding was great, but darling I wished you had gone another direction with your dress choice”? No you have not because most guys really don’t care, so don’t bring him along!
GROOMZILLA ON THE LOOSE!!!!
6. Randy is amazing enough said!
7. Know exactly what dress you purchased! I have watched several episodes where a bride walks into the fitting room and is unsure whether the dress in there is hers or not! Kleinfelds is huge and mix ups are bound to happen, just make sure you can catch one if it happens!
“Which one is mine???”
8.Vera scares me, the woman is a great at what she does, but her people skills are a little lacking!
9. Stay true to yourself, you want to look like you just a little better on your big day. After all what is fashion forward one year is horribly dated the next. Make sure you can look back at your pictures and smile, not cringe or worse not even recognize yourself!
“What was I thinking???”
10. Lastly, it is easy to get caught up in the craziness that a wedding brings, but remember it is not about a wedding it’s about a marriage! So don’t let people drive you crazy with their opinions and don’t kill yourself trying to impress your guests, it’s not about anyone else it is all about the bride and groom and their marriage! So don’t let the whole point of a wedding get lost in the mad commercialization!
Hope you enjoyed this post! Happy Thursday everyone!