So a couple of nights ago I went to a concert with one of my girlfriends, and we started talking about all the concerts we have gone to. Neither one of us has been to a ton! I have been to maybe 10 or so major-ish concerts (major-ish meaning I am not the only one who knows the songs haha). But all the concerts I have gone to share the same problems!
1. Expensive! Not only am I paying for a ticket, I will have to pay for gas (concerts are never closer than 30 minutes away), parking, and the next few are optional but you get my point, merch, drinks, and dinner! So all in all it is an expensive night out!
2. Cigarettes and the people who use them as a weapon! Seriously I don’t smoke so get away from me! Just because you don’t value your lungs doesn’t mean I don’t care about mine either!
3. The desperate drunk housewives who show up just to get wasted! Seriously do you even know who is playing the gig? Let alone where you actually are?
4. Skanky party girls!!! Seriously put some clothes on! Your lack of clothing does not make you look cool! It makes you look stupid! Seriously your mother said “show some respect for yourself” not show YOURSELF!
5. The screamers! Seriously what kind of world would it be if you acted the same way you do as an audience member in everyday settings? For instance “hi what can I get for you today?”- Coffee barista “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!”-Screamer. Of course no one wants to play to a dead audience, but screaming at them through the whole show is just plain obnoxious, and a guarantee you will be the last person they want to talk to!
6. The jerk who thinks its ok to mosh to every song whether it’s metal or not! Look buddy if you have aggression issues take it out on a punching bag not me!
7. Lastly the person who doesn’t believe in using deodorant! It’s bad enough we are all crammed in here like sardines so at least put on some deodorant!!!
And after all that you walk away from the concert broke, exhausted, deaf from the sound guy thinking that turning the music all the way up is the real way to enjoy it, bruised from crazy mosh pit guy, and smelly from the stinky sweaty people around you! Yep concerts sure sound like fun huh? But seriously with all the negatives they can dish out, nothing beats getting to hear your favorite band, having them sound just as amazing live as they do on cd, and getting to shake their hand and realizing they are just as down to earth as you thought they were! Hope you enjoyed this post! Happy Monday everyone!