Being that the weather seems to finally be losing it’s chilly edge I thought I’d do a little post on spring trend accessories.
Adding new accessories is a great way to update your wardrobe for spring without spending a huge amount of money. Sometimes all it takes is a new scarf or a new purse to help your wardrobe staples take on a whole new style. If you’re looking for a new piece of wearable fashion for the new season, below are a few spring trends I’ll be working into my wardrobe as the weather gets warmer!
1. Anything vibrant orange. According to Elle magazine, bright orange is the go-to color for the coming season. In fact, they call it “the new black.” Rock this look by pairing a Sarah Stewart orange silk scarf with my Irene Adler inspired hair and makeup, cropped pants, and a white tee, and you’re all set!
2. “Hippie” bags made of natural fibers. Harper’s Bazaar magazine calls “haute hippie” bags made from natural fibers like cotton and hemp a growing trend as consumers continue the move away from animal products. This Shiva Navy backpack fits right in with that style and would be a really cute yoga bag. Might just need to snap this one up immediately…
3. Fringe. The “Fashion Spot” announces that fringe is another popular trend this spring. Designers are using it on everything from scarves to bags to shoes. Some fringe is subtle, like the hem of a scarf; other uses are over-the-top, with two to three-inch fringe flowing from the edge of a bag. Definitely a fun way to spice up your look!
4. Neck scarves. Another trend to look for this spring, according to Harper’s Bazaar is the neck scarf. This mainstay of the 1950s is one of my favorite trends, and has been seen on the runways this spring. I love this accessory because it is super affordable and an easy way to add a vintage feel to any outfit.
5. Black and white. In Style magazine calls pairing black and white a spring trend that you don’t even have to wait for warm weather to wear. This look is easy to create. A pair of black jeans with a white tee or sweater makes an ideal canvas for adding just a bit of color, like this pretty electric blue weekender bag. (Hint: you don’t have to be going on a trip to wear this bag. It’ll hold your laptop or your tablet as well as all of your essential gear. Could be another contender for a yoga bag…decisions, decisions!)
6. Modern global crafts. Vogue magazine emphasizes modern crafts for spring, 2014. The Shiva navy backpack mentioned above is right in line with this colorful trend. So is this Guatamalan style woven bracelet that combines traditional Indian designs with Swarovski crystals.
It may be cold right now where you live, but it’s not too early to be thinking of spring fashion. Accessories make sprucing up your spring wardrobe easy and affordable.
I hop you all enjoyed this post and that will work some fun accessories into your new wardrobe. Happy Friday I love you guys.