If you’re anything like me you’re always on the hunt for some new music to listen to. I especially search for good rockabilly bands, I cannot get enough of the stuff and let me tell you The Bottle Cap Rockets are “The Stuff” of Rockabilly. Strong vocals, killer bass, clever lyrics, and that constant driving guitar that will get you dancing whether you want to or not.Who else is guilty of dancing in their car and getting caught by other drivers? Hopefully it’s not just me 😉Can we talk about how cool these cats are?
The Bottle Cap Rockets consists of Alan Gross on lead vocals/guitar, Chris Wolfer recruiting bassist/back up vocals, and different drummers are brought in to form a trio for shows.
Chris Wolfer. *All photos were taken from The Bottle Cap Rockets Facebook page and website. I do not own them*
The band is based out of Ringwood NJ and since forming back in 2010 has released their first album First Seven which is available on itunes, amazon, and cd baby, performed with the likes of The Ultra Kings, Crash Gordon with Debra Dynamite on vocals, and Nikki Hill. Opened for Eric Lindell at Mexicali Live in Teaneck NJ, and plan to release their second album Go Ape sometime early 2014.
Even if you’re not necessarily a fan of rockabilly you will like this band, they have a good mix of that classic rockabilly sound people like me will want, but they’re not a “time capsule” band. You can definitely hear the influences of Elvis, Roy Orbison, and Eddy Cochrin. Yet there is still something new and fresh offered with their tunes. So I highly suggest you check em out and let me know what you think! http://bottlecaprockets.com/ Hope all enjoyed this post and found a new band to listen to. Cheers!
It is no secret that I adore the 50’s. So I thought I might do a post on why I should’ve been around during that time!
1. The cars!!! Oh my word the cars from the 50’s are art in motion!
2. The music! I for one am more of a Cash fan than a Presley! I mean Elvis is great and all, but no one can touch Johnny Cash!
3. The hairstyles! No lazy ugly hair here! Even when the women would put their hair up in a ponytail it was still gorgeous!
4. The clothes! My goodness why oh why are these styles not the norm anymore?
5. What was considered beautiful for the time! Back when the women who were the icons of beauty actually had normal looking figures! Now I will not say only real women have curves, because there are plenty of girls who are naturally very slim! All I am saying is that the beauty industry and media of today push girls to unrealistic “body ideals”! It is not ok to over eat nor is it ok to starve yourself! Natural is always more beautiful! So accept the body you have and take care of it! Sorry enough preaching 😉
6. The way guys looked! I for one am a total sucker for a retro style on a man!
Oh my goodness I just love Bing Crosby and Bob Hope! Now there are some funny men!
7. Dating! Now I know the dating scene in the 50’s was probably nowhere near as innocent as it has been portrayed, but it was probably a good deal more innocent than today’s dating! The rules of dating were a good deal more clear then too! The guy’s asked the girls out, the guys picked up the check, or they made sure you knew that you were going dutch, and they were good deal more respectful of personal boundaries. Boy things sure were different back then!
I really hope you all enjoyed this post and my rambling 😉 Happy Tuesday! I love you guys!