So this week has been nothing but tank tops and yoga pants, and while this is comfortable it does not make for a great Fashion Friday. So I thought I might share some outfit inspiration for your 4th of July activities. I try not to stick to a holiday color scheme too much but admittedly I really love the combination of red, white, and blue so the 4th is always a fun fashion day for me.
Adorable pinup-esque headwrap from Forever 21 for $2.80 http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=hair-accessories-headwraps&ProductID=1058544861&VariantID=
I am shameless when it comes to my love of polka dots so its no surprise I adore this romper from Cotton On it’s only $14.95 and can be dressed up or down. http://us.cottonon.com/shop/product/cuban-strappy-playsuit-baby-polka-ink/
Love these wedges from target. I almost never go into target with a sizable amount of cash because I’ll end up going on a spending spree, and because of this I was unable to purchase these gorgeous sandals that are just as comfortable as they are pretty. They’re currently on sale for $23.99 I may need to make a purchase. http://www.target.com/p/women-s-mossimo-supply-co-waylon-harachi-cork-wedge-sandal-cognac/-/A-14331320#prodSlot=medium_1_1
and should the heat be too much for you, going for a swim is a must, so this adorable suit may also be a must 😉
or for those of you who like a little more coverage in your swimwear this may be another fun option
Love this one piece from Target its only $29.99 http://www.target.com/p/junior-s-1-piece-vintage-swimsuit-assorted-colors/-/A-14216465#prodSlot=large_2_23
Hope you all enjoyed this post, that you have a great weekend, and a fabulous 4th of July!
It is no secret that I adore the 50’s. So I thought I might do a post on why I should’ve been around during that time!
1. The cars!!! Oh my word the cars from the 50’s are art in motion!
2. The music! I for one am more of a Cash fan than a Presley! I mean Elvis is great and all, but no one can touch Johnny Cash!
3. The hairstyles! No lazy ugly hair here! Even when the women would put their hair up in a ponytail it was still gorgeous!
4. The clothes! My goodness why oh why are these styles not the norm anymore?
5. What was considered beautiful for the time! Back when the women who were the icons of beauty actually had normal looking figures! Now I will not say only real women have curves, because there are plenty of girls who are naturally very slim! All I am saying is that the beauty industry and media of today push girls to unrealistic “body ideals”! It is not ok to over eat nor is it ok to starve yourself! Natural is always more beautiful! So accept the body you have and take care of it! Sorry enough preaching 😉
6. The way guys looked! I for one am a total sucker for a retro style on a man!
Oh my goodness I just love Bing Crosby and Bob Hope! Now there are some funny men!
7. Dating! Now I know the dating scene in the 50’s was probably nowhere near as innocent as it has been portrayed, but it was probably a good deal more innocent than today’s dating! The rules of dating were a good deal more clear then too! The guy’s asked the girls out, the guys picked up the check, or they made sure you knew that you were going dutch, and they were good deal more respectful of personal boundaries. Boy things sure were different back then!
I really hope you all enjoyed this post and my rambling 😉 Happy Tuesday! I love you guys!