Well I suppose now that it is 2012 and everyone is chattering about 2011. Am I the only one who finds it funny that when the year is over people can’t seem to let it go? They need to talk about what happened, what they learned, what they saw, and where they traveled. I too like to reflect on things, to look back just to see how far I have come. However I can’t help but think of all the things I want to do, not what I have done. So in a way here are my resolutions, not so much for this year but for life! Here are the places I can’t go to yet, but have to see before I go for good.
1. Greece! It has been a dream of mine to go to Greece ever since I was a little girl. My late father always wanted to go, he said he wanted to see the ruins before they were gone! He also wanted to take my mother with, but he never got the chance, so when I go my mother will be going with me, taking us full circle and it will be without a doubt one of the most meaningful trips of my life.
can you believe how blue that water is?
2. Ireland! Yet another place I have wanted to visit for a long time. I just love all the beautiful green rolling hills in the countryside and the quaint little pubs in the city! Not to mention that it is the Irish that have the cutest accents in the world! 😉
3. Italy! Who wouldn’t want to go to Italy? The food, the landscape, the cars, and let us not forget THE SHOES! Those Italians sure know how to make a great shoe!
4. France! I took two years of French and forgot almost all of it! But C’est la vie. 😉 France just seems to be a culmination of what makes me happy, beautiful architecture, fabulous foods, beautiful fashion, and countless photo-ops. The French are supposedly rude but I don’t care if that is true or not, I will find that out for myself without any pre conceived notions.
5. Austria! More specifically Vienna during ball season! I mean Vienna is one of the few places that still parties like its 1699 😉 and how many opportunities does a girl get to wear a ball gown?
There are a great deal of other places I long to travel to, but I thought I might just share some of my top locations. What about you guys? Where are some of your dream destinations and why? I hope you enjoyed this post! Happy Tuesday!
10 thoughts on ““Can’t go yet””
I would Love to travel with you! Esp Ireland & Paris!
Oh yes that would be so incredible!
I want to go to Italy and France as well! 🙂
They just seem like such amazing place to visit right?
My dream destination was always Dubrovnik, now I am living it!
I love hearing that people are living their dreams! Congratulations! 🙂
i hope you get to visit all these places! i’m living in france right now, a dream come true!
and the french are only rude if you don’t attempt to speak french to them. if you expect them to speak and understand english, you’ll experience some rude-ness… haha
and make sure you don’t just visit paris when you go to france, experience some smaller towns too and you’ll never regret it! 🙂
Wow that is so awesome that you live in France! One of the places I want to visit in France is Brittany looks really cute! I think its funny that most Americans just assume everyone speaks English haha, I would be annoyed if other people just assumed I spoke their language all the time too!
Jeepers lady we have very similar taste! (50s, vintage styles, Greece, nose ring! haha) I LOVE Greece and can not WAIT to hopefully got there with hubby later this year. And am hoping to learn some French before we go to Paris! eeeee x
Oh how very exciting! I hope you and the hubby have an incredible time!!!