It is no secret that I adore the 50’s. So I thought I might do a post on why I should’ve been around during that time!
1. The cars!!! Oh my word the cars from the 50’s are art in motion!
2. The music! I for one am more of a Cash fan than a Presley! I mean Elvis is great and all, but no one can touch Johnny Cash!
3. The hairstyles! No lazy ugly hair here! Even when the women would put their hair up in a ponytail it was still gorgeous!
4. The clothes! My goodness why oh why are these styles not the norm anymore?
5. What was considered beautiful for the time! Back when the women who were the icons of beauty actually had normal looking figures! Now I will not say only real women have curves, because there are plenty of girls who are naturally very slim! All I am saying is that the beauty industry and media of today push girls to unrealistic “body ideals”! It is not ok to over eat nor is it ok to starve yourself! Natural is always more beautiful! So accept the body you have and take care of it! Sorry enough preaching ;)
6. The way guys looked! I for one am a total sucker for a retro style on a man!
Oh my goodness I just love Bing Crosby and Bob Hope! Now there are some funny men!
7. Dating! Now I know the dating scene in the 50’s was probably nowhere near as innocent as it has been portrayed, but it was probably a good deal more innocent than today’s dating! The rules of dating were a good deal more clear then too! The guy’s asked the girls out, the guys picked up the check, or they made sure you knew that you were going dutch, and they were good deal more respectful of personal boundaries. Boy things sure were different back then!
I really hope you all enjoyed this post and my rambling ;) Happy Tuesday! I love you guys!